Sunday, May 30, 2021

PSC German Medium Trucks (Part 2)


The second truck I built from the PSC German Medium Truck set was an Opel Blitz.


Assembly went pretty much the same as for the Mercedes-Benz from part 1, except the boxes on the underside of the truck bed can be left in place (since they seem to appear on some Opel trucks), and the front axle probably doesn't need to be cut down (although I actually shortened it a little).

Because I wanted to install the spare tire under the truck and have it be visible, I cut away the two front boxes under the bed, and scraped away some underside detail to allow the tire to fit in the center.


Unfortunately, I forgot to add the tire before gluing the bed to the undercarriage, and I could only slide it in halfway afterwards.


If I had scraped away more plastic earlier, I would have been able to slide it in, but now I need to come up with an alternative solution, like cutting the tire in half and then fitting the pieces in separately.

The PSC Opel Blitz (left) is very close to the Hobby Master model (right) in dimensions, although, the cab seems to be a bit longer, while the bed seem to be a bit shorter. The wheels of the PSC truck are a bit wider in diameter than those of the Hobby Master truck.




A comparison of the PSC, 4D, and Hobby Master trucks.


Overall, I think the PSC trucks are great as gaming models. They are a bit on the pricey side, but I'm not aware of any other quick build Kfz. 305s except the somewhat undersized trucks from 4D Models.


No comments: