Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Rakshas


Rakshas (ラクシャス) is a character from Kentaro Miura's Berzerk, and I immediately thought of him when I first saw this HeroClix figure of Phantazia (X-Men the Animated Series The Dark Phoenix Saga #032).


I don't know much about Phantazia since I pretty much stopped reading Marvel X-titles after Chris Claremont's tenure on the X-Men ended, but she was worth the entire 79¢ I spent on her.


Phantazia towers over 1/72 scale figures at 32mm, but since she is just going to be the foundation for my Rakshas figure, it doesn't really matter.

I cut off the upper portion of her torso, then cut out her face to use as a mask. The body was filed to scale down the proportions, and the face was filed to round it out. I should have just sculpted a mask from Kneadatite though, because it would have been faster and easier.


The mask was pinned to the body, and a third eye was carved in the center of the mask. The teeth at the bottom of the mask were created with some dabs of epoxy.

百円玉の人

I painted the mask referencing the colors used in a limited edition figure set manufactured by Art of War. However, in the anime, the eyes of the mask are yellow/gold, while the official color art has shown all the eyes as being orange/red.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice I love berserk great use of heroclix!

EY said...

I'll have more conversions to come in the future.