Saturday, April 4, 2020

Monogram Pocket Force Die Cast Warriors

I was doing a bit of tidying up in the workshop, and unearthed some supposedly 1/72 figures that I was saving for a Monogram/Marx article that I had planned out in my head, but never got around to actually write.


I first read about these figures over at Small Scale World, where Hugh does a nice job of explaining their origins.

U.S. 7th Marines Vietnam (8071)

Vietcong Guerillas (8073)

U.S. 1st Infantry WWI (8075)

German Infantry WWII (8077)

Four other sets are listed on the back of the packaging, but I have never seen them being sold anywhere.

The figures are really tall, and pretty much the same as 25mm gaming figures (~1/64). The Viet Cong however, are a head shorter than the other figures which is a nice touch.

Unfortunately for the 1st Infantry set, I ended up with two of the last pose, and am missing the bazooka man. It's funny that I didn't notice for years, but now that its finally come to my attention, my collector's mentality is telling me that I should get another set to complete the full set of poses.


No comments: