Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Colonia Security vs The Green Slime

Despite having to endure a salary cut due to the current COVID-19 situation, I went ahead and placed an order with Khurasan Miniatures which came in the mail today.

I'm only going to show the science fiction miniatures I received, and leave the rest for future posts.

First up are the Tentacled Starbeasts, which are essentially the space monsters from the Kinji Fukasaku film The Green Slime.


There are three different poses waving their electrified tentacles as they search for victims.


The miniatures are undersized, but the creatures in the film vary in height, so these three can represent immature slimes.


Next are 20mm sci fi miniatures from Khurasan's Under Three Suns line, which apparently is their take on James Cameron's Avatar.


The line currently only contains the Colonia Security set, which are the colonial security forces of the Western nations.

The set consists of seven different poses in battledress with exoskeleton frame.



The figures are well sculpted, and I like the look of their suits, but I wish they were just a tiny bit taller.

I'm not sure how I'm going to use these figures or how to paint them up, so they'll probably languish in the lead pile until something catches my imagination.


No comments: