Thursday, November 24, 2022

Frost Salamander

The frost salamander first appears in the B/X edition of Dungeons & Dragons. It was illustrated by Erol Otus as being similar to a regular salamander, except with four arms.


In the video game Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow Over Mystara, the frost salamander is even more similar to a regular salamander, except with cold powers and a different color palette.


Stage 9-B : Lost World

However, in 2nd edition AD&D and later, it was changed to be more lizard-like, and given six limbs.


I don't care for the current look myself, so I decided to buy a couple of Vos'sykriss Serpentfolk Ghosts from the Critical Role - Monsters of Tal'Dorei Set from WizKids to represent frost salamanders.

Ghost A is on the left, and Ghost B is on the right. For some reason, they are on gigantic 50mm bases.


I'm not sure how to replicate the translucent plastic, so I'm thinking about getting a couple more models so I can use their arms for making four armed frost salamanders (or maybe I'll just be lazy and leave them as they are).


No comments: