Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Die Glocke


Die Glocke is a purported Nazi anti-gravity device/time machine that has become part of modern UFO mythology thanks to the History Channel and the Discovery Channel, which link it with the Kecksburg UFO.


Much like the educational content from the aforementioned networks, the replica of the Kecksburg UFO reminds me of a certain emoji.

Kecksburg UFO Memorial
Kecksburg, PA

I have a 1/72 resin model by Tanhauser Gate that I picked up at WonFes last year. It is a single piece model cast in gray resin.


There were a lot of small casting bubbles that needed to be filled, and I had to use a chisel to get rid of several blobs of resin in the recessed areas of the model.

Most of the time, models of Die Glock are painted gray or gun metal, but I liked the gloss black appearance used in Call of Duty: Black Ops II.


A hole was drilled in the bottom of the model so I could put it on a clear plastic rod to simulate flight.



2 comments:

Strategist Ultima Oriente said...

Wow! Very unusual stuff!

EY said...

Thanks for commenting Strategist Ultima. The subject is weird, but hopefully people who do pulp and WWWII stuff will find it useful.