Sunday, August 25, 2019

Dollar Store Finds

I stopped by Dollar Tree to pick up some school supplies and saw some Military and Construction Playsets from Greenbrier International in the toy section.


What caught my eye were the chemical storage tanks, which looked like they could pass for 1/72 scale, so I bought four of the sets.




The models are probably equivalent to 2000 gallon tanks, and can be used as terrain pieces or objective markers.




I'll probably buy some more of these so I can paint them up in different colors.

I also picked up another set with a car that looked like it could pass as a 3rd generation Pontiac Trans Am in 1/72.




The other two vehicles in the sets resemble a Flakpanzer Gepard and a Tectran ATV carrying a SSM of some type, but they're closer to 1/144 scale or smaller, so are of little use to me.


The store also had a selection of Maisto diecast cars. I picked out a few that I thought might be 1/72 scale, but I haven't checked their dimensions to verify how close they are yet.


The cars I bought include a Ford F-350, Dodge Ram, Pontiac Rosewood, Chevy Bel Air, Dunbar Armored Car, and a Ford Woody.


I'll do a more detailed report on these cars sometime in the future.


11 comments:

The Angry Lurker said...

That's a nice haul!

Khusru said...

The storage tanks a re a very good find. I don't go into that kind of store myself. Obviously missing out on not having young ones anymore.

Chris said...

I wonder why the Dollar Tree stores around here never have the kind of stuff other people write about. Why am I jinxed?

Anonymous said...

please review the new dark alliance stuff :D

EY said...

Thanks for your comments everyone!
@Chris maybe there are too many wargamers in your area and they clean the stores out before you get a chance to show up.
@Anon I think the latest Dark Alliance stuff is out in Europe, but they haven't arrived in North America yet. I'll do a report as soon as I can.

Anonymous said...

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ZOMBIES TEARING YOU APART

Anonymous said...

BLOOD GUSHING FROM MY BROKEN SHOULDER SKULL AND MOUTH

Anonymous said...

SCREAM UNTIL DEATH

EY said...

@Anon Ummmmm.... Are you okay?

Meta Liz said...

As knowledge and imagination are intertwined in your blog, reading it feels like embarking on an absorbing journey through words. Our Cash for Cars Brisbane Region are sourced from reputable suppliers, and all vehicles are inspected and serviced to the highest standards. We also offer excellent customer service, with experienced and knowledgeable staff available to answer any questions customers may have. Finally, we provide a range of finance options to suit all budgets.

Anonymous said...

Multiverse Cars offers top-tier vehicles at unbeatable prices, ensuring every dollar spent delivers exceptional value. With a diverse inventory spanning various makes and models, customers can explore endless options without compromising quality. Experience the ultimate in affordability and quality with On spot Cash for Cars Brisbane Qld, where every dollar goes further.