Wednesday, May 23, 2018

It seemed like a good idea at the time...


It looks like the 1/72 Landkreuzer P. 1000 Ratte from Modelcollect has hit the shelves and started making its way into the hands of modelers across the world.


I'm conflicted about buying this model because on the one hand, it is just ridiculously massive, but on the other hand it is just ridiculously massive.

Video of moving suspension on Modelcollect Ratte.*

It seems to be priced between US$80 to US$140 from various retailers, and there is also a separate Weapon Set Pack running about US$60 that allows the addition of various wunderwaffe on the rear deck of this behemoth.





I've found one Korean unboxing review for the kit so far.


For the moment I'll postpone any buying decision until more reviews and build reports start to show up. I'm thinking that this model is just calling out for a motorization kit.




* For those of you who don't do the "Facebook" thing, you can find the moving suspension video (and others) at Toyland Hobby Modeling Magazine.


4 comments:

BigLee said...

It has to be.

David Wood said...

Oh wow. Posted this onto a Bolt Action Facebook group.

EY said...

Thanks for reading and commenting gentlemen!

@David
Interesting that you thought of gaming when you saw the model. Now I'm imagining a WWWII version of Ogre with Ratte vs Allies in 1/72 scale. I wonder how feasible it would be...

Anonymous said...

My Maus' best friend! Coming soon to my Tank War force! muhahahaha