Saturday, March 16, 2013

MARS Zombie Pirates

If you were expecting a post on zombie pirates from Mars, I'm sorry to say that this is not the topic of my report. However, that feeling of disappointment may be similar to what I experienced when I opened this particular box of figures produced by MARS Figures.


I was hoping for the skeletal pirates shown on the cover of the box, but the majority of the figures are actually characters from the film Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. The box comes with four identical sprues of 12 figures.


On the left, are the only two skeletal pirates in the whole set. On the right, we have Jack Sparrow, Hector Barbossa, Davy Jones, and Clanker.


More mutant crewmembers of the Flying Dutchman: Palifico(?), Koleniko(?), Maccus, Penrod, Crash, and Hadras.


Even though the figures run at about 1" tall on average, they don't quite look right with other plastic figures. They are sculpted in a thick, heavy style, and would probably not look out of place next to many [true] 25mm metal figures.

絶望した!MARS に絶望した!

8 comments:

Sean said...

Thanks for the review. I was afraid of something like that.

1Mac said...

Thanks for the review. I still kind of like the miniatures, even if they aren't quite what was advertised.

EY said...

Thanks for the comments everyone.

And yes, to be fair to MARS, I'll concede that the figures are actually pretty well done.

Paul´s Bods said...

I´ll be getting them, just for the Jack sparrow and barbossa figs and my daughter wants them anyway :-D
Good Review. I hadn´t seen any clear pics until now.

David Wood said...

Nice review, thanks. Hope it's ok, I popped the pics and a link on Frothers Unite forum as someone brought them to our attention and you have the best review!

EY said...

Glad the review was of help.

@David, no problem with posting the pics at Frothers.

PureGundam said...

I know this is old but the koleniko fig is actually Old Haddy.

EY said...

Thanks for the info. Seem kind of obvious with the weapons now that you point it out.