Thursday, July 16, 2020

The Golden Sphere

And only then did Redrick raise his eyes and look at the Sphere. Carefully. Apprehensively... It wasn't golden, it was closer to copper, reddish, completely smooth, and it gleamed dully in the sun. It lay under the far wall of the quarry, cozily nestled between the piles of accumulated ore.

Roadside Picnic


I was going through my magnet box, and found a ¼" diameter gold plated sphere magnet (S4G) that I ordered on a lark from K&J Magnetics many years ago. Looking at it, I thought it would be a perfect representation of the Golden Sphere from Roadside Picnic.


The novel describes the Sphere as actually being copper colored, but almost every piece of art shows it as a literal golden sphere, which is fine by me.


Happiness, Free, For Everyone,
and Let No One Be Forgotten


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cool idea would make for a good objective for zona Alfa in 20mm